Marvellous Mom Monday: Bettie

Contributed by Emma Callin

     Growing up I was always surprised when my friends negatively described an outfit as “something my mom would wear”. After all, I frequently borrowed clothes from my mom, who used to knit and sew clothes for the whole family. While her clothing was never trendy, it was always well-made, easy to care for and comfortable – not to mention flattering and stylish. I remember one parent-teacher meeting when my teacher said that my mother dressed like Audrey Hepburn in the movie Sabrina. Being well-dressed never stopped my mom from playing with me or my siblings, however – and you should see her running around now that she’s a grandma too!

     I’m not sure when becoming a mother became associated with being unfashionable, especially since so many past and current fashion icons are also mothers. Given that our collections are geared towards working women and working moms, I wanted to showcase that a woman can be fashionable without sacrificing comfort or budget even after entering motherhood. I also wanted to show how our clothes work for casual days, the office and that special night out. And so Marvellous Moms Monday was created, and who better to kick this project off with than my aforementioned mom?



The best thing about being a mom (and a grandma) is:
“Watching my kids grow and my grandkids grow.  It’s fun but can be heartbreaking but that’s what makes it special.  I’m glad to be part of it in a small way.” 

Running after the grandkids
“This outfit makes for easy movement while looking stylish.”
Featuring the Croft top by Dagg & Stacey, high rise skinny jeans by Yoga Jeans, earrings by Toodlebunny.

Work
“This looks smart but not stiff.  It says, ‘I mean business but we can still enjoy the process.'"
Featuring the Loyalty blazer by Nicole Bridger, the Freyr top by Jennifer Glasgow, the Nida belt by Brave Leather.

Date night
“This outfit is not too dressy and comfortable."
Featuring the Misty dress by Erdaine, necklace and earrings by Toodlebunny.

Photos courtesy of:



Bettie & Chris with me, my siblings, our spouses and children!
   

Comments

Popular Posts