Things We Love Friday: THE WINTER COMMUTE (Part II)

Contributed by Emma Callin

Yesterday I wrote about the different outfits I've been wearing this week to stay warm even while commuting; I also briefly commented that I change my footwear when I get to work.  I feel I should also mention the additional layers I remove as well - the combination of all the layers and my long down coat keep me very warm (even while waiting when the bus is late), though I do look a bit... shapeless.  

Hmmm....  not the most flattering comparison, but at least I'm a happy walking sleeping bag.  ^_^;   

The upside to this outfit is that it's easy to pull wide-leg fleece pants (I prefer the youth sizes since they fit petite) over the tights, leggings and skinny jeans I've been wearing this week, and just as easy to remove them once I get to work.  Similarly, I wear fleece socks over my regular socks and take them off at work.  I find the brightly-coloured fleece and the neon laces on my boots very cheering on a cold winter day.
Of course, having a hot thermos of hot chocolate and a playlist of happy music also helps!  What do you do to make your winter commute more enjoyable? 

Comments

Popular Posts