Marvellous Mom Monday: Fela

Contributed by Emma Callin

Those who follow us on Facebook might have seen Chantal featured in a Reveal Your True Beauty photo shoot back in December; we provide the clothes and styling for these beauty sessions offered by Fela Photography.  As the name suggests, a Reveal Your True Beauty photo shoot is about empowering women to feel beautiful in more ways than just the physical - a desire that truly resonates with our goal at Studio Intent to provide ethically-made clothing that makes a woman feel comfortable, confident and ready for anything.

Fela Dales is the woman behind Fela Photography, a job that definitely requires her to dress comfortably while being confident and ready for anything.  While she's usually taking the pictures, today she's in front of our camera lens as this week's Marvellous Mom!  


The best thing about being a mom is:
"The amount of love you can experience for a human being. It grabs you by surprise; it’s overwhelming but absolutely beautiful. It brightens your days and fills all your smiles and heart. It motivates you to be your best self for that little human being and consequently for others."

Running after the kid:
"I like that I can get dirty in it and not worry about it while being very comfortable. I'm active with my son, he has a lot of energy so we’re always jumping, running, crawling, discovering, painting, you name it! I’m always cold so the fleece of this hoodie makes me feel like I’m wrapped in a very cozy warm blanket."
Featuring fleece hoodie by Mermade, high rise ankle skinny jeans by Yoga Jeans.

Work:
"I can go from a photoshoot to a business meeting seamlessly. It’s dressy but comfortable enough for going on my knees or doing some of my 'yoga poses' to grab the perfect angle. I can skip the suit jacket… or add it if I want."
Featuring I Am Enough scarf by Nicole Bridger, Thoreau dress by Pillar, narrow cuff by dconstruct.

Date night:
"I love the color without sacrificing comfort or sexiness! (LOL) The leather jacket is amazing! Feels almost like a second skin. I usually feel constrained by leather jackets but this one is the exception to the rule. You can tell great quality with the wrap blouse; it draped my torso beautifully. The leatherette leggings were very comfortable too." 
Featuring Soho jacket by Bano eeMee, Sue top by Miik, Ciera leggings by Kollontai, Pocket Pal bag by Erin Templeton.


Photos courtesy of:


~Fela with Blair and their son Lucas~

Comments

Popular Posts