Marvellous Mom Monday: Ja'net

Contributed by Emma Callin

Those who know Chantal might recognize the child on the left - that's her as a little girl with her younger sister Ja'net.  Even at that young age she was already wearing Canadian-made clothing; their matching outfits in the photo were handmade by their mother, Anita!    
I met Anita when she helped out at Studio Intent's original location in the now demolished Art Central, and met Ja'net a couple years after that at one of our designer trunk shows.  While I've often noticed that Anita, Chantal and Ja'net will pick out the same items of clothing for themselves they never wear them in exactly the same way, each putting their own unique spin on the same piece.  To explore Ja'net's take on some of our latest spring items we present her as this week's Marvellous Mom!  


What's the best thing about being a mom?
"I think it's the way it challenges me to be better and by that I mean more balanced: taking care of myself to be able to take care of my family, more compassionate with myself and others and to enjoy the little moments that I took for granted before becoming a mom." 
Ja'net, Anita & Chantal
"Before I didn't appreciate how much time I had and didn't stop to be present in the day to day as often. I appreciate more sunrises, being in nature, playing and doing what needs to be done so our life runs more smoothly plus recognizing when things are just falling apart and to flow with it. I'm better at being with what the moment is since I've become a mom and am grateful for it."

Running after the kids:
"I love this outfit! It makes me feel pulled together and comfortable at the same time. The vibrant colours make me feel more energized and I often need that. I would wear this out for a date night too or for going out with the family." 
Featuring Lainey top by Lux & Luster, high rise skinny ankle jeans by Yoga Jeans, necklace by dconstruct, Nuni boots with thanks to John Fluevog Calgary.

Work: 
"My work clothes are super casual because I teach yoga. What's great to me about this outfit is that I can pair the pieces with other outfits to wear them in my casual day to day. The colour of the red sweater adds some vibrancy to the outfit which I like and I could wear this out after teaching and still look pulled together."
Featuring knit cardigan and tank top by Cecile Benac, Loop leggings by We3, bracelet by Starletta Designs, Budapest shoe with thanks to John Fluevog Calgary.  

Date night: 
"Couldn't resist this dress! Love the lace overlay and it was easy to wear - don't have to fidget with the dress when I sit or move around which is important to me. It's always great to have a black dress and I like adding some fun jewelry and shoes. I would wear this for a special event or special date night with my hubby."
Featuring Edie dress by Cinder + Smoke, necklace and earrings by Toodlebunny, Murillo boots with thanks to John Fluevog Calgary.  


Photos courtesy of:


Ja'net with her boys!

Comments

Popular Posts