Marvellous Mom Monday: Kathy

Contributed by Emma Callin

I have a pair of old leather gloves from when I was in university: stained, scuffed and with holes in the linings.  They are beyond repair now but I still keep them; they were a hand-me-down from my mother when I was a poor student and needed a new pair of gloves.  They still faintly smell of her Coco Chanel perfume despite my years of abuse!  That perfume never fails to remind me of my mother dressed for an evening out when I was a child - I thought then (and I still do now) that my mom was a super classy lady.  Over the years she has heavily influenced my own style and the way I dress myself.

I'm not the first woman to think of her mother as her first "fashion icon".  While chatting with my hairstylist, Candace, during my last trim I couldn't help smiling when she referred to her mother as "such a babe" - a phrase I'm more accustomed to hearing from teen boys admiring the girls on public transit!  Nevertheless, we're inclined to agree with her after meeting her mom, Kathy, as our newest featured Marvellous Mom!  


The best thing about being a mom is: 
"I have enjoyed watching my children change over the years from cuddly newborn babies into amazing adults that I thoroughly enjoy spending time with. I can't imagine life without them!!!"
Kathy and Candace

Casual: 
"The jeans add a touch of colour without overpowering the outfit, and the shirt's unique design makes it fun to wear. All in all, a sweet looking outfit!"
Featuring Croft top by Dagg & Stacey, high rise skinny jeans by Yoga Jeans, necklace by dconstruct. 

Work: 
"I like how it fits into the business casual attire worn at my office - not too casual and not too corporate-looking. As well, the colours are different than what I normally wear - it's great having help stepping out of my go-to colours."
Featuring Daventry blouse by Jennifer Glasgow, Rowan trouser by Dagg & Stacey

Evening out:
"I seldom wear dresses, but we decided to go with a dress. It makes me feel very feminine. If I can find more dresses like this one, I could see myself getting back into the habit of wearing dresses again."
Featuring Alicia dress by Dinh Ba, necklace by Toodlebunny.


Photos courtesy of: 


Throwback family photo!

Comments

Popular Posts