Designer Snapshot: Allison Wonderland (and Pillar too)

Contributed by Emma Callin

Next week we'll have a pop-up shop in store of designs by the very talented Allison Smith with pieces from both of her clothing lines: Allison Wonderland and Pillar.  Designed to meet the demands of a woman's everyday life in work and play, both lines are known for their comfort and versatility while still looking good.  


Who are your style icons?
"I have some very stylish friends! I love seeing what they are into and how they are putting their outfits together. I do love seeing what certain celebs are wearing too. Alexa Chung, Kate Moss and Diane Krugger are a few, they are my contemporary icons. Lauren Hutton, Diane Keaton and Ali MacGraw are a few whose looks from decades ago I always go back to."

Allison's studio work space

What do you love the most about working in fashion? 
"I love making and designing clothing. I love having an idea and working it through to the final piece. The process can be frustrating and sometimes there are often tears. One style goes through many changes and might be completely different from the original idea. Seeing the end design is still exciting for me after all these years! And then seeing it on a woman walking down the street is still thrilling!!"

Allison and her daughter

What inspires you everyday? 
"Living life inspires me! Looking around at everyone on the street. Going out to gallery openings, dinners and drinks is the best for thinking about what women want to wear. A new source of inspiration is dropping off my daughter at daycare! It inspires me to think of chic and practical clothes for work!"

Behind-the-scenes of the Spring/Summer 2015 photo shoot

Allison Wonderland + Pillar pop-up shop runs from June 22 - 26:
Styles from current and past collections with a smattering of samples will be available for purchase!

Comments

Popular Posts