Last minute layers

Contributed by Emma Callin


Anyone in or around Calgary in the last month or so will find the above sight a familiar one - on some days it seemed like we went through all four seasons at once!  With all the rain, hail, thunder and lightning plus tornado warnings interspersed with phenomenally warm weather, layering has been of utmost importance when I get dressed in the morning.

Bano eeMee leather jacket, Nicole Bridger top and pants, J. Crew flats.

Unfortunately I'm not a morning person at all, and many mornings find me scrambling to get ready and out the door in time to catch my bus!  This is when owning staple pieces in basic neutrals really comes to my rescue; I can mix and match pieces easily without having to think too much about it.

Valerie Dumaine trench, Cici top, Lux & Luster skirt, Bueno Style necklace, J. Crew flats.

I usually add colour with my accessories, such as a piece of jewellery, a belt or a pair of shoes.  If you wear eyeglasses and have coloured frames those will work too.  Depending on where you work or where you're going that day, you can also add colour with a bright lipstick or eye shadow.

Photos courtesy of:

Comments

Popular Posts