Colour Therapy: little pops and big splashes!

Contributed by Ying Jones

As we enter autumn a lot of stores are transitioning to more neutral tones and darker colours.  I still like being able to incorporate some splashes of colour into my wardrobe to help brighten my mood; we don't have to be drab suit-wearing automatons just because the weather is colder!  

Jennifer Glasgow top, Yoga Jeans high rise straight, dconstruct necklace & cuff, Apple watch.

My favourite colours are warmer or richer colours, like deep scarlet or raspberry pink.  I also like emerald green and deep, bright blues.  It's always fun to play with bright colours, whatever the season!  Adding some of your favourite colours to accent your wardrobe helps personalize your look too.

Maple & Oak Designs hair clip, Swarovski earrings, Apple watch.

I usually go for at least one major piece with colour, usually my top.  Then I add jewellery and make-up to compliment it; I am currently loving the Electric palette from Urban Decay.  I like to have colourful socks too!  Working in a conservative office you can usually get away with bright socks or just a touch of colour - fun scarves are your friend (like the ones from Maple & Oak Designs).

Anne Tranholm earrings, Dagg & Stacey top.

At my first jobs I had to wear terrible uniforms with plain black shoes, so I always wore black ones but with socks with colourful patterns!  When I started working after university I used to wear a lot of drab clothes for work because that was all I could find for my body type.  There's a lot more choice available now so it's nice to feel playful with pops of colour.  

Photos courtesy of Micheal Jones

Comments

Popular Posts