Shortie

Contributed by Emma Callin

My mother is constantly amused by the fashion styles that continually cycle around, pointing to the "latest styles" in shop windows that look strikingly similar to styles that she wore in the 70's and that I wore myself in university when they first became fashionable again.  One piece that particularly amuses her is the resurgence in the popularity of gauchos.  I've always rather liked the style myself, despite my petite frame, so I'm quite pleased to see them back in style!

Featuring We3 gauchos with Pillar top, Natural Icon Designs necklace & bracelet, Hush Puppies boots.

Gauchos are actually very versatile, with many ways to style them for different looks and occasions.  Especially with winter's tendency to hang around too long in spring here in Calgary, I like the longer length when I'm sick of wearing long trousers but still need a bit more warmth than a dress or skirt affords.

Featuring We3 gauchos with We3 top, Natural Icon Designs necklace, Wolford stockings.

The shorter length is great for showcasing patterned or textured tights or leggings; a brightly-coloured tight or a legging with a fun pattern are great options for a more casual look.  I'm also told that the length is perfect for cyclists looking for a non-fitted trouser option that doesn't catch in the bike chain.


Gauchos, culottes, short pants - whatever you call them, there are so many ways to wear them!  #30wears

Photos courtesy of Micheal Jones

Makeup courtesy of

Comments

Popular Posts