Navy blue convertible

Contributed by Emma Callin

Last Saturday was definitely cold: -25°C, without windchill!  After living half my life in Calgary I've discovered that for the locals at least, this is usually not a deterrent to going out - my husband, for instance, woke up early that day to go cross-country skiing.  The solution to freezing temperatures seems to always be the same: wear more layers!  And if you're going to layer, may as well do so with pieces that work well even when the weather warms up.


One option for a year-round layering piece is a great cardigan.  While I prefer my jackets to be cropped and tailored I nearly always choose longer lengths and more relaxed styling for my cardigans.  The Jodi zippered cardigan from Miik fits this description perfectly.

Featuring Miik zip tunic/cardigan with straight Yoga Jeans & By Trish P. blanket scarf.

Worn open a longer cardigan can be a cozy winter layer or a light jacket for summer evenings depending on what it's layered over or accessorized with.  Since a cardigan is a staple piece that I mix and match with so many other items, I always choose them in neutral colours like black, grey, cream or in this case, navy.  This also showcases any bright-coloured or statement pieces I have.  


Worn closed a longer cardigan also functions as a tunic, though with my height they often look more like a mini-dress.  So if you're also short - that's another styling option!  ^_^;  #30wears


Makeup courtesy of:

Photos courtesy of: 

Comments

Popular Posts