Glammed

Contributed by Nicky Speer & Emma Callin

Whenever I have a big event to go to I prefer to have my makeup done rather than do it myself.  I'm not a big makeup wearer, so it makes more sense for me to invest in the service than to buy makeup I'm not likely to get much use out of.  After all, my capsule wardrobe rules also apply to my makeup bag, and this also stops me from spending money on something I'll have to throw out after it rapidly expires.

So in a continuation of our last post where we covered an easy tutorial of how Nicky from WorldTown Cosmetics does my daytime look for the blog, this tutorial builds on that look for evenings and events.


For an evening look deepen the colours on eyes and cheeks:
  • With a bullet brush, blend Concrete Minerals' Disturbia into the crease, starting at the outer corner.  
  • Soften the edges with a fluffy blending brush.  
  • Apply Disturbia to the lower outer corner with a smokey liner brush.  

  • Deepen blush with a light dusting of Concrete Minerals' P.Y.T. on the apples of the cheeks.  


 For an event look add glitter and false lashes:
  • Pour a small amount of cosmetic glitter into the lid or onto a clean tissue.  We used Lit Glitter in Dreamsicle.  *Please do not use craft glitter as this has sharp edges and can injure your eyes!
  • Apply glitter with Lit Cosmetics' Clearly Liquid Glitter base by tipping the bottle against your hand (you can also pour a couple drops into the lid) and dampening a flat brush in the adhesive.  Press the dampened brush on the glitter, then gently press the glitter on the eyelid, focusing on the centre of the lid.  *I would like to add that I have not had any issues with glitter fall out with Lit Cosmetics!  


  • Apply lashes.  We used Velour Mink Lashes in The Extra Oomph, a half lash that doesn't need to be sized/trimmed for just a little boost to the lash line.  Lightly apply lash adhesive along the band of the lash and wait a few moments for the adhesive to come to a tacky consistency.  We used Velour Lash Stick adhesive in black; it is also available in clear.  
  • Apply to the outer corner of the eye as close to the lash line as possible.  


  • Apply a deeper colour to lips.  We used Fitglow Good Gloss in Jam.  


As with my clothing, what makeup I do own is chosen based on how versatile it is - for example, the six shades from Concrete Minerals shown in this tutorial and last week's have multiple applications.  Being loose they can also be blended to create a custom shade or mixed with a liquid base (like Lit Cosmetics' glitter base) to create liquid liner.

You can also reuse lashes as long as you clean and store them properly between uses.  If you're not sure about applying them yourself then Nicky does provide complimentary application and eye makeup touch-up with purchase.  And yes, they're comfortable to wear and painless to remove!


Makeup courtesy of:

Photos courtesy of: 

Comments

Popular Posts