Get real

While the FTC doesn't affect me here in Canada, I do agree with the guidelines they've recently laid out for social media influencers.  I've been unfairly accused a number of times of "shilling" (after growing up in England my first thought was of old English currency, not advertising) but I do feel it necessary to make it clear when something is being marketed to you, indirectly or not. 


So to lay it out in black and white: this blog is to promote only what I use in my own life and what I feel is worth paying for at full price.  I do occasionally receive gifts from designers but only of items I actually love and wear; gifted items will be marked "c/o" - "courtesy of".  Unless otherwise specified, everything I wear is something I purchased because I love it (and without receiving a special discount).  


As for pop up shops, the designers I showcase are all people whose talent and creativity I admire and want to support - giving them more exposure to the Calgary market and giving Calgarians a chance to really see their work.  All posts featuring a designer pop up are not sponsored.

I hope that clears up any questions you have about promoted content at Studio Intent - if not, feel free to ask!  

Top: Weston Wear (old) / Leggings: American Apparel (old) / 
Trench: Burberry (vintage 1960s hand-me-down) / 
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (old) / Necklace: Fossil (old)

Photos courtesy of Micheal Jones

Comments

  1. Nice Blog.,

    Earn from Borrow items by renting your unused stuff’s by just sharing it on Mutterfly...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts