Beauty Detox: Travel Kit

After spending the last two summers on road trips (half the time on a motorbike) I've learned the importance of packing light - that includes my beauty products too!  While my at-home Fitglow Super C regimen is unfortunately not travel-friendly there are still plenty of great natural, cruelty-free products that don't take up much room and don't leak either.  


If you're like me and have combination dry skin that becomes combination oily in warmer, more humid climates, the Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar is a great solid face wash that I find most effective used once daily at the end of the day.  Their Juju Bar is too drying for me to use everyday, but it's perfect once a week for a little exfoliation or after spending a hot day outdoors covered in sunscreen.  Both bars are sold together in a cardboard travel-size pack but I find they fit perfectly stacked on top of each other inside a Lush shampoo bar tin (the tin also works as a soap dish).  I also use a Lush body butter tin as container for my Goat's Milk Soap from Rocky Mountain Soap, though I do need to cut the bar down a little to fit.  


I also choose products that are multi-purpose in order to cut down on the number of items I have to pack: I use witch hazel as a toner and for bug bites; Rocky Mountain Soap's citrus mint outdoor body butter is a great natural bug repellent as well as a moisturizer; Andalou Naturals argan stem cell BB cream moisturizes, provides sun protection, and also eliminates shine.  Community Natural Foods has a small selection of travel-sized body care products as well, including toothpaste, sunscreen, and hair care.  They also sell small reusable bottles if you prefer to fill your own.  

What's in your travel kit? 

Comments

Popular Posts