Beauty Detox: Concrete Minerals - Mineral Eyeshadow

When I first started wearing makeup I had no idea what I was doing.  My mom wears little to no makeup and the internet was only just getting started - that means no YouTube tutorials were available to show me the error of my ways!  Needless to say I used my fingers for most applications (with mixed results) since I didn't have any brushes at the time; this meant that I avoided loose pigments since I couldn't use them.

While I have learned a lot about makeup since then I still avoided loose eyeshadow until fairly recently - I worried that it would be messy to use and difficult to apply.  Despite my fears I was still drawn to the little pots of mineral eyeshadow at WorldTown Cosmetics and with a little persuasion I bought a few.. I'm so glad I did!  

Not only are they easy to use and not at all messy, the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented and last all day on me (with primer, of course).  Concrete Minerals has a diverse shade range in matte and shimmer and I've always found the texture to be smooth and silky without the gritty/scratchy/dusty feeling that sometimes happens with other brands of eyeshadow.  All Concrete Minerals products are vegan, non-toxic, and not tested on animals either.  

Lit Cosmetics Clearly Liquid Glitter Base & Bdellium Bambu brushes

Another reason I've fallen in love with Concrete Minerals' loose pigment is how versatile it is - I can use it as eyeshadow, brow powder, or blush depending on which brush I use, plus it mixes well with Lit Cosmetics' liquid glitter adhesive to create liquid eyeliner or even lip colour (use the water-resistant or Forever Wear for the latter).  I can also blend the pigments together to create custom shades.

And have I mentioned how affordable those little pots are?  Concrete Minerals' loose pigments cost only 11 CAD, even less in their value sets.  There are so many shades available too, from everyday neutrals to bold brights!

~NOT SPONSORED, JUST LOVED~  

Comments

Popular Posts