Good Citizen

It's spring in Calgary, which means the weather is... somewhat variable!  It's thankfully no longer so cold that my down jacket is required, but between the brisk wind, spring showers, and inevitable spring snow showers, I never go out without an extra layer to keep me warm.    


With all the layering in my outfits these days, my go-to spring coat is my Citizen coat from Vancouver designer Allison Wonderland - the relaxed fit and dolman sleeves make it easy to add layers underneath, while the cut still drapes beautifully when many layers aren't needed.  I know it's from her winter collection but a Vancouver winter is definitely closer to a Calgarian spring! 


While it's not waterproof I've discovered that the fabric effectively sheds small splashes and the bit of rain that falls on me as I'm getting out my umbrella; it also keeps me warm when the wind is gusting from the north.  I also appreciate that it's not so bulky that I can't carry it over my arm when it does warm up.  


Much thanks to Allison Wonderland for the lovely gift - she still has a few sizes left in both colours (on sale!) in her online store if you're interested in getting a Citizen coat of your own.

Coat: c/o* Allison Wonderland / Denim: Frame (old; available in other colours) / Scarf: Revival Style (old; available in other colours) / Shoes: Poppy Barley (old)

Comments

Popular Posts