Simple statement

Adding statement pieces to your wardrobe can be intimidating for a lot of people - one of the more common questions I get is usually "how do I wear this?" accompanied by a photo of a stunning item of clothing/footwear in pristine condition.  While one designer told me that he likes to wear all his statement items at once (he calls it "power-clashing"), I don't think most people are quite brave enough for that!  


Fortunately, most people have a good collection of basics in their wardrobe, which is a far easier way to incorporate statement items into your everyday outfits.  I tend to use a neutral palette when wearing my favourite statement pieces as a way to really showcase their design, though I usually incorporate something else of the same shade into my outfit to tie the look together.  


Case in point: tan booties to match my Bano eeMee laser cut leather jacket!  I do wear this jacket with brocade fabrics and graphic prints as well, but I like this combination best for everyday wear.  

Photos: Nicole Wee

Comments

Popular Posts