Made in Calgary: Parts + Labor

I've often heard it said that all ethical fashion looks the same, with an emphasis on classic cuts and neutral colours - and honestly this is true for many well-known ethical brands.  While this makes them more wearable and less reliant on changing trends, it also contributes to the impression that ethical fashion cannot be bright, fun, and creative.  There are, however, several brands that challenge this misconception, among them local Calgarian label Parts + Labor.  


Made right here in Calgary, Parts + Labor is a great mix of reworked vintage and ready-to-wear with an athletic, casual vibe.  Graphic designs and textural fabrics bring interest to even the simplest piece, with English and French statements in bold fonts emblazoning many of their designs.  I particularly love this "Femme Sauvage" shirt because it reminds me of the name I gave my husband's cycling team - Les Animaux Sauvages (which is what they all look like at the end of a race).  It's particularly appropriate as I'm the only female in that group of guys! 


Top: Parts + Labor / Jeans: American Eagle (old) / Sneakers: John Fluevog (old) 

Photos: Nicole Wee

Comments

Popular Posts