Retrospective

2019 was quite a year.  In February during our last encounter with the polar vortex, we went through the process of IVF and were notified that it had succeeded in March on Saint Patrick's Day - definitely felt lucky that morning!  Then my pregnancy got complicated: hyperemesis gravidarum hit only a few weeks in and stayed until delivery, causing me to drop nearly 10 kg.  A large uterine fibroid (17 cm across at its largest) became necrotic as my baby grew, causing dilated kidneys and triggering early labour at week 30, eventually necessitating a cesarean delivery at week 37.  I spent a lot of time in the hospital or at home on bed rest, with a "High Risk Pregnancy" bracelet and a notice on the wall giving me a free ambulance ride just in case.  


And then I saw my little boy for the first time and he was healthy, whole, and didn't need to spend  any time in NICU despite the doctors warning us that that could very likely happen.  My little warrior came through all that just fine and he is so worth it.

My husband and I decided early on that we wouldn't post any photos of our child on social media until he's old enough to decide what he wants to share himself, so I'm not planning on becoming a mommy blogger.  I love being Isaac's mom and he does keep me busy (and sleep-deprived!), but hopefully there will be some new conscious-living content coming your way again soon!

Onesie: Warrior Label

Comments

Popular Posts