Finding Joy

There's no avoiding the reality of COVID-19; even if you don't read the news you can't miss the quiet streets and shuttered businesses, your neighbours waving from a distance.  It's easy to get lost in the isolation and fear, and like many people I've been trying to find ways to stay connected and mentally and physically healthy.  One of the best tactics I learned from CBT is to focus on improving my reality and lowering my expectations - what I can do to change my mood and to let go of what I cannot control.  Part of this is finding/doing things everyday that make me happy, something as simple as having a bath or sharing silly photos with friends.  


I don't know how long this situation is going to last but I'm planning on sharing each daily happiness in my stories on Instagram in the hopes that it brings someone else joy too.  Let me know what you're doing to help you cope!

Comments

Popular Posts