10x10 Challenge

Currently in the middle of the summer 10 x 10 challenge, an exercise started by the Style Bee blog with a few simple guidelines: 10 items to make 10 outfits over 10 days.  I love the process as a great way to really jump start my creativity with my outfit combinations, though I do still find it a bit daunting to try to make 10 different outfits for each day.  To overcome this I fall back on what I'm comfortable with - wearing the same outfit more than once a week.  


I still have ten items that mix and match really well but with only eight distinct outfits there will be a couple repeats.  At first I wondered if this was cheating on the challenge, but repeating an outfit within a week seems to fit with the ethos behind the 10x10 in the first place: getting more use out of fewer items.  


These white shorts are a staple in my closet so I've already worn them with a couple different tops.  You can check out the rest of what's in my 10 x 10 capsule on Instagram during this week! 

Bodysuit: Mink Pink from Plenty (old) / Shorts: Aritzia (old)

Photos: Nicole Wee

Comments

Popular Posts