A little bit of rock n' roll

When looking to add a new item to my wardrobe I like to evaluate the piece based on manufacturing background, quality of materials and construction, as well as versatility.  That last criteria can be met in different ways: a piece that goes with several other items, a piece that can be worn multiple ways, and also a piece that can be styled in multiple ways.  The last two might sound like the same thing but aren't!


A good example is this Jennifer Glasgow top I bought several years ago.  Worn here with ripped skinny jeans and rocker-inpired booties for a bit of rock n' roll, I can also style it tucked in with a pair of high-waisted wide leg culottes with classic pumps for a more work-appropriate look.  And with the Calgary Stampede coming up, I might just wear it with relaxed blue denim and a cowboy hat and boots to fit the western theme. 


I love pieces that not only work with multiple outfits, but also help me create different looks as well.  What are some of your favourite versatile pieces? 

Comments

Popular Posts